LAW SCHOOL REVIEW: School of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
The UPES also offers Law subjects in various bachelorette program like BA-LLB, BBA-LLB, B.Com-LLB, BTech-LLB further there are categorized in different core programs like corporate laws, criminology, international trade laws and many more. UPES has two main campuses in Dehradun itself where major filed of technology & design studies are carried out in one campus and other studies like law & management are settled in another campus.
UPES has its beautiful campus in a very scenic beauty in the lower mountains of Mussoorie that is Dehradun, Uttrakhand, India
· Official website: WWW.UPES.AC.IN
1. The technology campus is situated in Bidholi village of Dehradun covered with lots of green beauty. The Bidholi campus has vast area to explore and has all the basic amenities for the students. The campus is enabled with high class library, sports grounds, indoor courts, gym and beautiful sitting area.
2. The law and management college share the another Kandoli campus which is 3KM away from the Bidholi campus. The Kandoli campus is also enabled with all the facilities such a play grounds, gym, library etc., but the only difference between both the campuses is of area. Where the Kandoli campus has less area to explore and a few less facilities to enjoy when compared to Bidholi campus.
At the end if I would like to conclude then I would say that both the campuses has enough facilities to serve its student but it lags in management which becomes a downside of this college.
B. Library: The library has enough sources to satisfy the need of its student and it also provide free access to various journals and other e-resources, which help the student to learn from either sources.
C. Hostel: The campus hostel facility is well managed but when it comes to food it totally takes all the positive points. And also, that the hostel fees is so high that too for triple sharing room with common washroom facilities. Conclusively the off-campus hostels have much more facilities in lessor price.
· Academics and Faculties:
Unlike any other college, the student has to learn everything by himself and the faculties are only for the guidance. But still I think despite having much facilities the UPES is not inducing application-based education system which is very necessary for today’s employability. And another down side of this college is that it won’t support you in the attendance matter even if you are winning trophies for the college.
· Administration and Fees structure:
The administration is not so punctual and effective, according to the fees they charge. The LLB course will almost cost you 15- 20 L where you need to consider the fact whether to join such institution or not.
The college has old fixed cafeterias where no new vendors are allowed. So, you have to manage with whatever they serve.
· Student Culture and Activities:
The college is very active in all other activities but still if you participate you have to compromise with your attendance.
· Best thing:
Campus and its facilities along with the faculties.
· Worst thing:
Management, the management of this college is not so concern about introducing new education pattern and managing the utility space.
· Any other:
The college has enough potential to grow but the downside of the college are so huge which are affecting the growth of campus.
School of Law,
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun